Good Energy

The guys at Good Energy have been really supportive and excited about the expedition, so much so that they have made a contribution which allows me to keep the blog regularly updated during the expedition, so they and everyone else can follow the journey. Good Energy supplies 100% renewable electricity sourced from wind, water, sun and sustainable biomass. CO2 from coal-fired electricity generation is one of the largest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions in the world. Switch your electricity supply to Good Energy using this link and not only will you be supporting the pioneering community of independent green generators, but for every sign up they get they’ll make another donation to help get the bus around the world. It helps you cut your personal CO2 emissions, helps them grow a great business, and helps me get round the world.


Saturday 4 April 2009

CAS

As some of you know I am working as for the Catlin Arctic Survey and I have a responsibility to coordinate the scientific use of the data collected by the team.

So I was incensed by this blog entry, so rammed with misrepresentation and unchecked “facts”. Anyway now that I have a Blog too, I thought I’d put it to good use by venting about this muppet. It’s astounding an intelligent man can get it so wrong. I am referring to the editor of the Telegraph that publishes the crap that Booker writes, full of half-researched inaccuracies. He’s a great example of a writer that stops looking critically when they get to a snippet of information that suits their argument. That’s what separates bigotry (masquerading under the badge of “a polemic”) from journalism Christopher. How do you get space in the newspaper?

You get bigots on both side of the climate change debate, but really it’s not much of debate these days. Scientifically, climate change is so widely accepted the debate is now about how fast and how bad is climate change going to be for humankind, and what if anything can we do about it. I don’t have anything against Booker personally; I’d give any pompous moron the same contempt. And I did find this which made me laugh.

To be clear, the views expressed here are my own (it’s a blog) and do not represent the position of the Catlin Arctic Survey (CAS). I did suggest getting a dartboard for the office I could pin his picture too and it was rejected as it would be hard to justify it as a business expense. (For legal purposes I should point out, that was a joke and I have never discussed dartboards, darts or any pointed projectile with any members of the CAS team. Your home is at risk if you liable someone, even on a blog Christopher.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?