Good Energy

The guys at Good Energy have been really supportive and excited about the expedition, so much so that they have made a contribution which allows me to keep the blog regularly updated during the expedition, so they and everyone else can follow the journey. Good Energy supplies 100% renewable electricity sourced from wind, water, sun and sustainable biomass. CO2 from coal-fired electricity generation is one of the largest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions in the world. Switch your electricity supply to Good Energy using this link and not only will you be supporting the pioneering community of independent green generators, but for every sign up they get they’ll make another donation to help get the bus around the world. It helps you cut your personal CO2 emissions, helps them grow a great business, and helps me get round the world.


Friday 7 August 2009

Crowded house

I'll just paint the sceene which is my living room this evening. I'm on the only available tiny corner of the couch, next to me is a massive projector that Dave from Big Picture has given the expedition for the outdoor cinema. It's got a couple of broken pixels (which actually I couldnt find) so it's no use to him any longer.

The coffe table is covered in low energy light bulbs and LEDs that Katie from the Good Energy Shop sent me, and there is also a smattering of part that arrived today from Adrian at Oilbits which I need to complete the oil filtration system.

Against the wall in front of me is a board from the side of a wardrobe which was on our street last week, and is going to become the kitchen countertop. And on the floor by it, is a load of shower taps and plumpbing bits for the sink.

Under the coffee table is a tool box my friend gave me which is full of old nuts and bolts and a few spanners. Next to that is pile of foam inserts I'll use to pack equipment into the bus. But best of all is the hallway, which is completely taken up by the Abaca organic mattress that Ceri sent me.

I'm sitting in darkness cos I can't actually get to the light switches.

Esther has gone to Brussels for the weekend austensibly to see friends but I think the transformation of the living room into a workshop has probably had much to do with her exodus.

Everytime something else arrives the excitement of converting this bus just builds. I can't wait to get it back and get it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?