Good Energy

The guys at Good Energy have been really supportive and excited about the expedition, so much so that they have made a contribution which allows me to keep the blog regularly updated during the expedition, so they and everyone else can follow the journey. Good Energy supplies 100% renewable electricity sourced from wind, water, sun and sustainable biomass. CO2 from coal-fired electricity generation is one of the largest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions in the world. Switch your electricity supply to Good Energy using this link and not only will you be supporting the pioneering community of independent green generators, but for every sign up they get they’ll make another donation to help get the bus around the world. It helps you cut your personal CO2 emissions, helps them grow a great business, and helps me get round the world.


Tuesday 25 August 2009

Updated Schedule

Assuming this time the brakes pass the test..., I'll be MOTing the bus on Friday, then doing some publicity shots over the weekend, issuing the press campaign on Monday and aiming to set off on the 4th or 5th of September.

From there I'll head down to Milan to pick up my first passenger, my dad, and together we'll travel to Istanbul via Croatia, Albania and Greece.

I have to collect some visas in Istanbul, before heading into Iran, ideally via Georgia and Azerbaijan.

In Tehran I'll try to get the best information I can about the security status of the road to Pakistan and make the decision weather to take that route and on to India and South East Asia, or if it is too unsafe I will have to cut up north and head into Russia. This isn't my preferred route as it will be cold and that will play havoc with the vegetable oil. I'd much prefer to head into India and then ship across to Indonesia and work my way back up north towards China.

Maersk Line are organising the shipping across the Pacific to Seattle, and from there the plan is to head to up into Canada, and then back down through the Americas finishing in Argentina, where again Maersk Line will help me ship back to Europe, and finish the journey back to the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?